I know that this is a little late, but better late than never right?! So here it is my 2012 Wrap Up post! Courtesy of Jamie at The Perpetual Page Turner
Best In Books 2012
1. Best Book You Read In 2012?
Storm by Brigid Kemmerer, without a doubt. I am constantly recommending this to everyone. Seriously, the owner of the bookstore I work in has to keep this book in stock because if there is ever a customer wanting a YA recommendation, this is my go to. Click to see my raving review!
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Unholy Ghosts by Stacia Kane, I had been eyeing this one off for a while and thought it sounded pretty awesome, but unfortunately it just didn't live up to my expectations.
3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2012?Beautiful Disaster by Jaimi McGuire, definitely. Most surprising one more ways than one since I hadn't requested a review copy and was super surprised to have it turn up on my doorstep (figuratively speaking since I have a PO Box...) I was between books at the time and that had just arrived so I started reading it and could. not. stop. I know this is one of those you either love it or hate it books and well I LOVED it.
4. Book you recommended to people most in 2012?Storm by Brigid Kemmerer, as I already mentioned is my number one recommendation! But I would have also recommended Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins a fair bit too!
5. Best series you discovered in 2012?
The Elementals by Brigid Kemmerer... I'm seeing a serious theme here. But seriously, it's awesome. If my ranting and ravings aren't enough for you then I"M SORRY. Second favourite series I discovered would be The Secret Hour by Scott Westerfeld so unique and just awesome!
6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2012?
Brigid Kemmerer, hah, there I go again. Veronica Roth, I think I was a little late to the party on that one.
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
Dang I was going to say Life of Pi till I realised that was a 2013 read, because I have been slack getting this post up. Probably Poison Princess then by Kresley Cole, I honestly probably wouldn't have picked this one up had I not been sent a review copy, now I can't wait to see where the story goes!
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2012?
Divergent by Veronica Roth. Hands down. I couldn't even review it because there was just too many feels!!!
9. Book You Read In 2012 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year:Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson, loved this book, love everything Morgan Matson does <3
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2012?
11. Most memorable character in 2012?
Oh gosh. Just one?! Probably Four from Divergent :)
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2012?
It would have been Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi but looks like I read it in 2011! So then I guess I would have to say, The Fault in Our Stars by John Green!
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2012?
oh this is hard. I'm going to go with Speechless by Hannah Harrington, it's a powerful and compelling read. I would also have to say The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, I love every book this man has written and each is more beautiful than the last.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2012 to finally read?
Divergent by Veronica Roth, seriously HOW DID IT TAKE ME SO LONG!!! And Anna and The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins, ohhh Ettiene St. Claire, how I love thee.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2012?
"Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book." - John Green (The Fault in Our Stars)
On the spot this is all I could come up with, but I do love John Green.
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2012?
Longest: The Diviners by Libba Bray (576 pages)
Not sure of the shortest!!
17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It?
Oh I really do not know! But as soon as I finished Storm by Brigid Kemmerer I had to go talk to all my bloggy friends about it!
18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2012
These questions keep getting harder and harder. Probably Hazel and Augustus from The Fault in Our Stars <3
19. Favorite Book You Read in 2012 From An Author You Read Previously
Hmmm it's a toss up between The Secret Hour by Scott Westerfeld and Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson
20. Best Book You Read That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else:
Storm by Brigid Kemmerer - Rebecca @ Reading Wishes, though it was recommended to me left right and centre, Rebecca is the reason I read it.
What are some memorable things from 2012 for you?