Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Top Ten and Teaser Tuesday #4

Hi everyone!

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week's top ten is:

Top Ten Book Endings That Left Me With My Mouth Hanging Open

These are in no particular order, because asking me to order books is near on impossible for me to do!

1. City of Fallen Angels - Cassandra Clare
The last thing I was expecting from this book was a cliff hanger. I literally sat staring at the page mouth wide open for a good minute or so, thinking "wh-wh-wha-WHAT?!"

2. The Six Sacred Stones - Matthew Reilly
Cliffhanger? Yep and in the literal sense of the word as well. Possible life or death situation and I had to wait a YEAR to find out? That's just cruel.

3. Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins
Now there wasn't a cliffhanger at the end of this book, it is the last in the series, but the ending just left me with my jaw to the floor!

4. one of the Stephanie Plum books - Janet Evanovich (I can't remember which one it is exactly because they all merged into one story in my head!)
Lucky I had the next one waiting in my to-read pile!!

5. Iron Crowned - Richelle Mead
I need the next book to come out NOW. I couldn't believe the ending of this one!! Leave me in suspense why don't you!!

6. The Body Finder - Kimberly Derting
I loved this book so much, and the ending was just gob smacking!

I'm going to leave this at 6 books, this is all I can come up with, which surprises me! I even went back through my read list on Goodreads and couldn't come up with any others.

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Should Be Reading, open your current read to a random page and give us all a little teaser!

I'm currently reading Hereafter by Tara Hudson:

"My nightmares were what made me finally see, and accept, the truth. 


At first nothing in my wandering existence brought back memories of my life, nothing but the elusive familiarity of the woods and roads I wandered.


But then the nightmares began."






What are some books that left your mouth hanging open? What are you currently reading? Leave your answers in the comments or link me to your Tuesday post!

Happy reading!
- Amy


17 comments:

  1. Very haunting! I am still reading Georgette Heyer this week. Here is my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this book on my shelf. The teaser has peeked an interest. ;)

    Please do stop by for a crumpet & a spot of tea.

    If you enjoy yourself please do leave a comment on some of my reviews.

    They are lonely :(



    Mad Scientist @ Steampunkery & Book Reviews



    Forbidden Steam  Adult- even the Mad Scientist gets naughty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my list! Following you back!
    I keep going back and forth about The Body Finder- is it well worth it??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle,

    I really enjoyed The Body Finder, I had gone back and forth about it as well, I have written a review of it here if you would like to check that out. I have seen a few reviews from people who didn't enjoy it as much as I did, but it wont be for everyone!

    - Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. City of Fallen Angels' ending left me going Oh no too. Guess Jace and Clary just aren't meant to find happiness for a while yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard about Hereafter before and it must be an interesting read! Thank you for sharing :)
    Here's my TT for this week:
    http://booksbiscuitsandtea.blogspot.com/2011/10/teaser-tuesday-2.html
    Happy reading,
    Vicky xxx

    PS: I'm your newest follower! Please check out my blog if you have some time, it'd mean a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. City of Fallen Angels has a cliffhanger? Maybe I should wait before reading it. Great teaser also! New follower.

    My Top Ten is here and my Teaser Tuesday is here if you'd like a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I love that teaser! I've always thought that book sounded good, but now I'm definitely intrigued. I don't know why, but there's something about Nightmares that captures my interest...

    My teaser is from the wonderful and mysterious novel The Night Circus.

    ReplyDelete
  9. COFA was a complete shock. Cassie just likes to torture the characters I think :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read the others but I agree that the ending of Mockingjay was a real jaw-dropper! I've been wanting to read City of Fallen Angels...you reaction makes me want to more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fascinating teaser!

    here's mine:

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/10/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also put City of Fallen Angels on my list. I was screaming NO!!! at my book with the way it ended. Great teaser too. I've been wanting to read that book.

    My Top Ten: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2011/10/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-book-endings.html

    My Teaser: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2011/10/teaser-tuesday-8.html

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAY the Hunger Games and the Mortal Instruments! I still need to read The Body Finder. I have it I just need to read it. Very impressive choices.

    Check out my first Top Ten Tuesday:

    http://seeitorreadit.blogspot.com/2011/10/top-ten-tuesday-1.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  14. New follower here!

    Great Top Ten list and what an intriguing and haunting teaser.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I plan to read The Body Finder for the Dewey's readathon. I can't believe I haven't gotten to it yet.

    Hereafter is another book I want to get to this month. It got a lot of mixed reviews though, so I'm kind of nervous about starting it. The cover looks amazing and I think it made me expect to love it. I only hope it lives up to my expectations.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile :) so leave me some love <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...