Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Halloween Reads

Hey everyone!

So it has come to my attention that it's coming up to Halloween! Beware the ghosts and ghouls! To celebrate this spooky time of year I am planning to read and review some spooky and Halloween appropriate young adult books during the last 2 weeks of October. I would love any and all of your recommendations! I have not been big on the spooky YA books previously, but what better time, right?

In Australia, (at least WA) we don't celebrate Halloween as hard core as I would like. I'm always seeing American movies where they celebrate Halloween and it's always epic. My American readers, can you tell me if it is actually like that? Please tell me it is!

Anyway, these are the books that I already own that I think possibly fit the bill...

Slide - Jill Hathaway
The Forest of Hands and Teeth - Carrie Ryan
Past Midnight - Mara Purnhagen
Saltwater Vampire - Kirsty Eagar
The Way We Fall - Megan Crewe
Sweetly - Jackson Pierce
In the Arms of Stone Angels

I'm not sure if they are all quite what I'm looking for, but please let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions!!!

Happy reading!
- Amy

7 comments:

  1. We don't celebrate Halloween either :( At least not everyone does and definitely not as hardcore as Americans. Boo!

    And that's a great list! I still need to read Slide which has been on my Kindle for ages. Can't wait to hear what you think :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how I wish we celebrated hard core :'( I will hopefully post a review of Slide in the coming weeks so stay tuned!

      Delete
  2. Add 'The Beasties' by William Sleator. You'll thank me later...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh thanks Nickie! I will have to check it out!

      Delete
  3. THE SPACE BETWEEN by Brenna Yovanoff is great, and it's about the daughter of Satan, so I think it qualifies as a book for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That definitely sounds like it qualifies! Thanks Kayley!

      Delete
  4. The Bad Girls Don't Die series by Katie Alender! Such a good series about ghosts and possession. Definitely good Halloween reads! :) <3

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile :) so leave me some love <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...