Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #1: Clockwork Prince

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, to showcase much anticipated upcoming releases! 


This week my selection is:



Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare


Publication date: December 6th 2011

Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books


Format: Hardcover, 528 pages




From Goodreads: "In the magical underworld of Victorian London, Tessa Gray has at last found safety with the Shadowhunters. But that safety proves fleeting when rogue forces in the Clave plot to see her protector, Charlotte, replaced as head of the Institute. If Charlotte loses her position, Tessa will be out on the street—and easy prey for the mysterious Magister, who wants to use Tessa’s powers for his own dark ends. 

With the help of the handsome, self-destructive Will and the fiercely devoted Jem, Tessa discovers that the Magister’s war on the Shadowhunters is deeply personal. He blames them for a long-ago tragedy that shattered his life. To unravel the secrets of the past, the trio journeys from mist-shrouded Yorkshire to a manor house that holds untold horrors, from the slums of London to an enchanted ballroom where Tessa discovers that the truth of her parentage is more sinister than she had imagined. When they encounter a clockwork demon bearing a warning for Will, they realize that the Magister himself knows their every move—and that one of their own has betrayed them. 

Tessa finds her heart drawn more and more to Jem, but her longing for Will, despite his dark moods, continues to unsettle her. But something is changing in Will—the wall he has built around himself is crumbling. Could finding the Magister free Will from his secrets and give Tessa the answers about who she is and what she was born to do? 

As their dangerous search for the Magister and the truth leads the friends into peril, Tessa learns that when love and lies are mixed, they can corrupt even the purest heart."

I can't wait for the release of this one! I want to re-read Clockwork Angel before it comes out. So I can re-familiarise myself with the world of the Shadowhunters!


What are you guys waiting for on this Wednesday? Leave a comment with your choice or the link to your blog post :)


Happy reading!
- Amy

12 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the first a lot. I'll probably have to re-read the first though as well because I forget what happens. I love Cassandra Clare's books though.

    New follower.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting. I haven't read this series yet. New follower. My WOW is at http://www.alaskanbookcafe.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of people are excited for this. I still have to read the first in the series.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really excited about this one! I think I almost love this series more than The Mortal Instruments series. Great pick!

    My WOW: http://rachelreader.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to WoW...so glad to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read this series, but it looks really interesting. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo! This was my pick just a few weeks ago. I'm really looking forward to continuing the Infernal Devices series! Great pick and welcome to WoW!
    I'm a new follower!
    Courtney
    You can check out my WoW over at Fuzzy.Coffee.Books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to read City of Bones and get on this series. lol Great pick. New Follower =]
    Here is My WoW this week. =]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy hotness batman!!! I am dying to read this book!!! December canNOT come soon enough!!! Thanks for checking out our WOW this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My friend and I were talking about this today and how we can't wait until it comes out!! I love all of Cassandra Clare's books :] Awesome pick this week! Oh! And thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh good choice! I haven't read Clockwork Angel yet (I plan to this month) but I read her Mortal Instrument series and it was great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've read Clockwork Angel and am so waiting on this one :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile :) so leave me some love <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...