Friday, December 30, 2011

Follow Friday #11







Follow Friday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. For more information on how to participate and to see the other participants, please visit their blogs!

With the New Year approaching fast, this weeks question is only fitting!

"The New Year is here -- and everyone wants to know your New Years Blogging Resolution! What are you going to try to revise, revamp and redo for 2012 on your blog?"

This year is the first New Year that my little blog has seen! I have been finding that lately I have been buying more and more books before I get the chance to actually read the ones I already have. So my New Year's Blogging Resolution this year is to go on a BOOK BUYING BAN *gasp!* with Taneika @ Flipping Through the Pages until we finish the pile of books we have waiting to be read! It's going to be really tough, especially since starting my blog and seeing all of your lovely book posts. 

I have a feeling that I will be finding any excuse to go to the shops to buy books up until the New Year. That only gives me two days...  If you follow me on twitter, you can expect some very distressed tweets as I go into book buying withdrawal. 

My second resolution is to actually have a review schedule and to get more posts done in advance, so when I do get busy, the posts are all there ready to go! I also need to organise a blog button

What is your Years Resolution? 

Happy reading!
- Amy

8 comments:

  1. We can do this Amy! We can!
    I'll be distressed too, and oh, another loophole, what if we WIN A GIVEAWAY?? Or get a review request? Ahh, this is going to be one hard time! I will probably buy a whole bunch of books before the new year too.... Or maybe the first day (because I'll be paid) but then I promise I'll stop.. if you do! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm positive you guys can go on a book buying ban! I'm trying to do that too. So, I'm forcing myself to read faster so I can finish my TBR pile and then I will have an excuse to buy more books! Well, good luck on your book buying ban.
    My Follow Friday!
    Have a happy new year! :)
    -Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tried so hard several times this year to go on a book buying ban. Not going to work. Great post. Old follower. Come check out my giveaway as well.

    Grace
    Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWW..I'm sure you can!!! Please do enjoy all books in your TBR. I hope I can do it too! It's been very difficult for me to resist buying books since *look at all those gorgeous covers* Good luck to you two! Hope this year has been an awesome year for you guys!

    Old follower hopping through!
    Please check out my FF too!
    http://forget8me8not.blogspot.com/2011/12/follow-friday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol. I totally need to go on a book buying ban as well although I haven't bought any books within the last week or two. I do have a gift card to a bookstore though, but I'm right there with you I have so many books I don't know how I could possibly finish them all. Happy new year Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopping through. Good luck on the book buying ban! I need to read the books I've already bought.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha. Good luck on the book buying ban! It sounds really hard! But it's a great way to cross stuff off your TBR pile. I'm rooting for you guys!

    New follower! :]

    Ajoop @ on books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great resolution! I'm working on slowing down how many books I read too. I have a gigantic pile of them to read LOL.

    Old follower! :)
    Nerd Girls at Books to the Sky

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile :) so leave me some love <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...